- Date Discovered:
- 08 October 2019
- Sophos Cyberoam Firewall is prone to a remote code-execution vulnerability. Attackers can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code within the context of the affected application. Sophos CyberoamOS 10.6.6 MR-5 and prior are vulnerable.
- Sophos CyberoamOS 10.6.6
- Sophos CyberoamOS 10.6.6 MR-1
- Sophos CyberoamOS 10.6.6 MR-2
- Sophos CyberoamOS 10.6.6 MR-3
- Sophos CyberoamOS 10.6.6 MR-4
- Sophos CyberoamOS 10.6.6 MR-5
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This includes but is not limited to requests that include NOP sleds and unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from a successful exploit.
Do not accept or execute files from untrusted or unknown sources.To limit exposure to these and other latent vulnerabilities, never handle files that originate from unfamiliar or untrusted sources.
Do not follow links provided by unknown or untrusted sources.To reduce the likelihood of successful exploits, never visit sites of questionable integrity or follow links provided by unfamiliar or untrusted sources.
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.To reduce the impact of latent vulnerabilities, run applications with the minimal amount of privileges required for functionality.
The vendor reported this issue.