Norton™ Internet Security
The next evolution of
Norton Internet Security
In order to better protect you, we have substantially enhanced our security services. We took everything you loved about Norton Internet Security and added better protection, improved performance and superior design to create Norton Security. It’s the best of Norton for your PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets.
If you are currently using Norton Internet Security, you can still renew your subscription here.
If you need help with your current subscription, please visit our Customer Support.
Thank you for choosing Norton.
Actively protects you from viruses, spam, identity theft and social media dangers
- Insight identifies which files and applications are safe and which are dangerous, using the combined feedback of more than 175 million Norton™ users.
- Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet for comprehensive global threat monitoring.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection detects the signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats.
- Spam Blocking keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails.
- Internet Protection System scours websites and social networking sites for suspicious links and content to identify the latest social networking scams.
- Download Insight and IP Address Insight prevent you from downloading files from websites that have a low reputation score within the Norton user community.
- Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring is backed by a network of Norton users who serve as your own personal Neighborhood Watch group.
- Scam Insight reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it’s safe to enter your personal information.
- Anti-phishing Technology blocks fraudulent "phishing" sites set up to steal your personal information.
- Identity Safe remembers, secures and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can't be lost or stolen.
- Parental Control helps you protect your kids from online dangers by giving you direct access to Norton Family.
- Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and it's too late.
- Safe Web for Facebook scans your Facebook Wall and News Feed for URLs containing security threats such as phishing sites, malicious downloads and links to unsafe external sites.
- Intelligent 2-way Firewall prevents strangers from accessing your home network by blocking incoming traffic determined to be unsafe.
- Network mapping and monitoring shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you.
Automatic, silent updates keep you one step ahead of new threats and those not yet invented
- Automatic product downloads and installations when you're not using your computer ensure your protection is always up to date.
- Norton Pulse updates virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes without disrupting your work or play.
- Insight + Optimized File Copy identifies safe files and only scans unknown files.
- Built-in Intelligence maximizes battery life by putting off non-critical activities until you are plugged in and out of full-screen mode.
- Norton Management enables easy single-password access to all Norton cloud-based applications and Web properties – to update, renew, fix or install Norton – including Norton Management, Norton Anti-Theft, Norton Family and Identity Safe.
- Windows® 8 Compatibility features touch-friendly support which works equally great in keyboard and mouse environments.
Restores lost PC horsepower and boosts performance
- Defrag fixes common problems that can rob your computer of speed and power.
- Startup Manager frees up PC memory and fine-tunes settings, so your computer starts up faster.
Deep-cleansing tools scour and disinfect even the nastiest infections that lesser products miss
- Norton Power Eraser scrubs your computer of deeply embedded, difficult-to-remove infections.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency rescue CD, DVD or USB that gets your PC running like new, even if it's so infected it won't start up.
- Windows 8 App remediation scans Windows 8 apps for threats and removes them.
- FREE SUPPORT 24/7. Symantec provides free 24x7 chat, and phone support for a period of one year from initial product installation. Updating to the latest product version may be required to access support. NortonLive™ Services sold separately. For full details and to access support, go to http://www.symantec.com/globalsupport.
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)1
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 81
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
Support for Antispam
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Browser Support for Phishing Protection, Safe Search, and Password Management
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1,2
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)2,3
- Google Chrome™2,3
Browser Support for Vulnerability Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1,2
- Mozilla Firefox (32-bit only)2,3
1Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 style browsing mode.
2As made available by Symantec within your service period.
3Supports current and the most recent previous 32-bit releases.