Norton Family provides insights that help parents foster a healthy life balance for their children and their devices, while providing tools to help them teach safe, smart, and healthy online habits.
For home school and online classwork, Norton Family can help keep your child focused on schoolwork during the school day.
Automatically renews, unless the renewal is cancelled.
Price is subject to change.
Subscription details below.*
The purchase of Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 Premium includes Norton Family (also known as Parental Control). Get its features and additional protection for your devices, online privacy and personal information, all in a single solution.
Makes the Web safer for your children to explore – by keeping you informed of which sites your children are visiting, and letting you block harmful or inappropriate sites.‡
Helps your children balance time spent online by scheduling screen time limits for their device usage.‡
Provides insights into the search terms and videos that interest your children and flags unsafe behavior so you can discuss it with them.8,‡
Get detailed reports on what your children are doing online, right in your Inbox or on the Parent Portal.‡
Helps you focus your child on schoolwork and avoid online distractions while remote learning.‡
Helps you manage protection for your children's devices with an easy-to-use Web portal.
Help balance time spent online.
Manage your children’s time spent online so you know when it’s time to encourage having some offline fun.
Let your children explore the Web freely, with tools that help you block unsuitable websites while keeping you in the know about which sites they’re visiting.
Stay on top of how much time your children spend on their devices. Foster healthier habits by scheduling specific times of the day or week each device can be used and how many hours a day can be spent on each device.
See the words, terms, and phrases your children are searching for to gain insights into their interests and help protect them from inappropriate content.
Parent Mobile App‡
Stay in the loop about your children’s online activities from your Android or iOS mobile device and adjust settings when you’re on the go.
Open the lines of communication by enabling your children to send you a note from within Norton Family if they disagree with a blocked site or a house rule.
See a list of the YouTube videos your children watch on their PCs or iOS devices and even view a snippet of each video, so you know when you need to talk.
Mobile App Supervision
See which apps your children have downloaded on their Android devices and choose which ones they can use.
Opt to receive detailed reports of what your children are doing online, right in your inbox.
Helps you manage protection for all your devices with an easy-to-use Web portal.
Parents can help children take a break by locking the device, so they can re-focus, or join the family at dinner. Individual devices can be unlocked with a PIN. Parents and children can still contact each other while the device is in lock mode.
Find out when your children attempt to visit a blocked site so that you can start a conversation about appropriate content.
Stay informed about where your children are with tools that map the location of their Android and iOS devices and provide a 30-day history to show where they’ve been.
Remote learning requires the internet, so pausing the internet on your child’s device is not an option. Manage your child’s remote learning environment and keep your child focused while school’s in session.
Favorite Locations helps parents establish approved boundaries for their child’s physical locations. When turned on, this feature will alert parents when a child arrives in, or goes beyond the permissible area or location established by the parent.
Stay informed about your child’s location automatically. Parents can set specific date and time to receive automatic alerts of the location of a child’s device.
School Time is the first feature of its kind to help parents manage their child's remote learning environment, so they can keep their child focused on schoolwork during the school day.
Parents can create a list of specific school-related, educational websites that can be accessed during the school day and can customize a block list for sites they know their child spends time on that may be a distraction.
Teach your children healthy online habits.
Safe and healthy online habits start with honest conversations. Our helpful tools allow you to see children’s online activities at a glance or be notified by email alerts, so you know when it’s time to talk.
Manage your child’s remote learning environment.
Managing remote work and home school can be challenging. We help you keep your child focused on schoolwork by allowing access to specific sites required by your child’s school and helping to block other internet distractions while school is in session.
Windows™ Operating Systems
Windows 7 all versions with Service Pack 1 (SP 1 with SHA-2 support) or later
Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (all versions), except Windows in S Mode
Android™ Operating Systems
Android 8 or later required for Norton Family Android app.
iOS Operating Systems
Current and previous two versions of Apple iOS.
Mac® Operating Systems
Norton Family and Norton Parental Control features not supported.
* Important Subscription, Pricing and Offer Details:
- Contract Type: contract for a monthly or annual subscription, starting when the transaction is complete. Click here for our Terms of Sale.
- Set-up: to get the protection/service started, you must download and install on each device and/or complete set-up.
- Free Trial: payment method required if signing up for a free trial (credit/debit card or PayPal only). When the trial ends, the paid subscription starts and the first term is charged, unless cancelled before. Special offer(s) may expire.
- Renewal Cycle: automatically renews each month or each year after the initial term, unless the subscription renewal is cancelled before the day you are due to be charged in your account or by contacting us here. Click here to learn how.
- Renewal Prices: may be higher than the price for the initial term and are subject to change. Renewal prices can be found here. For annual subscriptions, they are charged up to 35 days before the subscription is due to renew, and we send you a notification email with the renewal price before.
- Cancellation & Refund: you can cancel any of your contracts and request a full refund within 60 days of purchase for annual subscriptions and within 14 days of purchase for monthly subscriptions. For each annual renewal or free trial with paid annual subscription, you can request a full refund within 60 days of being charged, and after the 60 days, a pro-rated refund of the days left in your renewed subscription term, beginning the month after you request the refund. For free trial with paid monthly subscription, you can request a full refund within 14 days of being charged. For details, visit our Cancellation & Refund Policy. To cancel your contract or request a refund, click here.
- Updates: your subscription may include product, service and/or protection updates, and features that may be added, modified, or removed, subject to the acceptance of the License & Services Agreement.
- Usage: for non-commercial household use only. If you have issues adding a device, please contact us.
‡ Parental Control can only be installed and used on a child’s Windows™ PC, iOS and Android™ device but not all features are available on all platforms. Parents can monitor and manage their child’s activities from any device – Windows PC (excluding Windows in S mode), Mac, iOS and Android – via our mobile apps, or by signing into their account at my.Norton.com and selecting Parental Control via any browser. Mobile app must be downloaded separately. The iOS app is available in all except these countries.
Popular browsers are supported, including Chrome, Edge, and FireFox. Parental Control portal access is not supported on Internet Explorer. On iOS and Android, the in-app Norton Browser must be used to get the full benefit of the features.
‡‡ Requires your device to have an Internet/data plan and be turned on.
8 Video Supervision requires a browser extension on Windows and the in-app Norton Browser on iOS and Android. It monitors videos viewed on YouTube.com (but not YouTube videos embedded in other websites or blogs) and on Hulu.com (but only on Windows). It does not work with the YouTube or Hulu apps.
The Norton brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.
Copyright © 2022 NortonLifeLock Inc. All rights reserved. NortonLifeLock, the NortonLifeLock Logo, the Checkmark Logo, Norton, LifeLock, and the LockMan Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of NortonLifeLock Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Firefox is a trademark of Mozilla Foundation. Android, Google Chrome, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google, LLC. Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Microsoft and the Window logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.