What’s new in NEW Norton 360?
NEW Norton 360 plans have the same industry-leading virus and malware protection as Norton Security solutions do, plus integrate new and additional features to help protect your devices and online privacy:
NEW Norton 360 Questions
The NEW Norton 360 plans are designed to bring multiple layers of protection you need against existing and emerging cyberthreats. For many customers, a NEW Norton 360 plan comparable to your current subscription will include additional features such as:
- Secure VPN - to secure your public Wi-Fi connections
- Password Manager to store and manage your passwords
- SafeCam for PC to help you block unauthorized access to your webcam
- PC Cloud Backup and/or more storage space‡‡, 4
Here’s helpful information about the different NEW Norton 360 plans.
Yes, we had the original edition of Norton 360™ available in the past. The NEW Norton™ 360 provides device protection plus additional layers of protection that include a VPN for online privacy and security for your connections on public Wi-Fi and PC Safecam to help you block unauthorized access to your webcam.
3. What is the advantage of NEW Norton™ 360 over Norton Security or the original edition of Norton 360™?
The NEW Norton 360 is designed to bring multiple layers of protection for your devices and online privacy – all in a single solution– and you get:
- Access your favorite apps and websites when connecting to Wi-Fi at home or on the go with the reassurance of bank-grade encryption with Secure VPN
- Smart Firewall for PC helps protect your device and your data from malicious attacks and intrusive eyes by monitoring and helping block suspicious network traffic
- Store important files and documents as a preventative measure against data loss due to hard drive failures, stolen devices and even ransomware with PC Cloud Backup‡‡, 4
- Generate, store, and manage your passwords, credit card information and other credentials online in your very own encrypted, cloud-based vault with Password Manager
- SafeCam for PC instantly alerts you to any attempt to access your webcam and helps block unauthorized access to it
- From the moment you subscribe, a Norton expert is available to help keep your device virus-free, or give you a refund with our Virus Protection Promise2
- Member Services & Support Agents are available day or night to assist with any question related to your plan with our Live support∆
Yes. Norton, a leader in consumer cybersecurity, is part of Symantec.
Norton, a global leader in antivirus and consumer cybersecurity, is now together with LifeLock, a U.S. leader in identity theft protection, part of one company, Symantec, dedicated to your Cyber Safety – your ally in the fight against cyberthreats.
We provide a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee for annual subscriptions — if you’re not satisfied with your purchase, return it for a full refund within the 60 days. No problem.* Please review our Return Policy as restrictions may apply.
We don’t offer a free trial to NEW Norton 360 just yet, but we do have a 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee for annual subscriptions.
No; however, for users of our legacy Norton 360™ solutions, we encourage you to try out NEW Norton™ 360. NEW Norton™ 360 brings multiple layers of protection for your devices and online privacy. Innovative protection that includes online privacy protection with Norton™ Secure VPN to help secure your public Wi-Fi connections. And Safecam for PC, to help you block unauthorized access to your webcam.5
Device Security Questions
Depending on your plan, we offer protection from one to ten devices (PCs, Mac, Android smartphones and tablets, iPads, and iPhones). *
These days, cyberthreats are more varied than just a virus infecting a PC. That’s why Norton solutions provides real-time protection against existing and emerging online threats that could put your personal information at risk.
Yes. Norton AntiVirus Plus is ideal to help protect one PC or Mac. It offers powerful protection for your device and personal information it stores. However, NEW Norton 360 provides multiple layers of protection for devices and online privacy for the whole family.
Spyware is unwanted software that infiltrates a device, stealing Internet usage data and personal information. Spyware is classified as a type of malware — malicious software designed to gain access to or damage a computer, often without the knowledge of the owner. Spyware gathers personal information and relays it to advertisers, data firms, or external users. NEW Norton 360 has device security which helps protect against viruses, ransomware, malware, and other online threats as you bank, shop and post online.
In addition, here are four main steps to help protect against spyware:
- Don’t open emails from unknown senders.
- Don’t download files from untrustworthy sources.
- Don’t click on pop-up advertisements.
- Use reputable antivirus software.
Malware is an abbreviated form of “malicious software.” This is software that is specifically designed to gain access to or damage a computer, usually without the knowledge of the owner. There are various types of malware, including spyware, ransomware, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, adware, or any type of malicious code that infiltrates a computer.
NEW Norton 360 has comprehensive protection against malware and spyware for your devices, that may reduce the risk of information exposure.
In addition, be careful about what email attachments you open and be cautious when surfing by staying away from suspicious websites.
Ransomware is a malicious software that uses encryption to hold data for ransom, the purpose of which is to extort money from the victims with promises of restoring encrypted data. Like other computer viruses, it usually finds its way onto a device by exploiting a security hole in vulnerable software or by tricking somebody into installing it.
NEW Norton 360 has device security which helps protect against viruses, ransomware, malware, and other online threats as you bank, shop and post online.
In addition, help protect your data and personal information from ransomware by:
- Update your operating system and other software. Software updates frequently include patches for newly discovered security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by ransomware attackers.
- Don’t automatically open email attachments. Email is one of the main methods for delivering ransomware. Avoid opening emails and attachments from unfamiliar or untrusted sources.
- Be wary of any email attachment that advises you to enable macros to view its content. Once enabled, macro malware can infect multiple files. Unless you are absolutely sure the email is genuine, from a trusted source, delete the email.
- Back up important data to an external hard drive. Attackers can gain leverage over their victims by encrypting valuable files and making them inaccessible. If you have backup copies, the cybercriminal no longer holds the upper hand.
- Use Cloud Backup. This can help with data loss in case of a ransomware infection, since having copies of your files available in the cloud gives you a backup plan in case of ransomware.
These are fake emails that can look surprisingly legitimate. If you get tricked into clicking a link or providing information, cybercriminals can get your passwords and account numbers.
Buying subscription-based antivirus software that specifically targets phishing is one way to help protect against being scammed. Keeping antivirus software up-to-date can help keep a computer protected against ever-evolving online threats. Antivirus software can help block offending emails that come from a suspect source or contain phrases common to many phishing attempts. Antivirus software like NEW Norton 360◊ can also warn subscribers when they’ve stumbled upon an unreliable website. But one of the most important way to protect against phishing is to be informed. No reputable company will ever ask their customers for account numbers, credit card numbers, logins or passwords. Never enter personal information on a website that isn’t on a secure connection.
A Smart Firewall for PC is the network security in NEW Norton 360 that monitors the traffic to and from your network and can either allow or block that traffic based on a defined set of security rules.
NEW Norton 360 Smart Firewall for PC helps protect your device and your data from malicious attacks and intrusive eyes by monitoring and helping block suspicious network traffic.
Helping keep your device free from viruses is at the heart of what we do. We are so confident in our antivirus and malware protection, it’s backed by a refund. If your device gets a virus our Norton experts can’t remove, you get your money back.2
Cloud Backup for PC provides a secure cloud-based storage to store important files and documents as a preventive measure against data loss due to hard drive failures, stolen devices and even ransomware.‡‡
With NEW Norton 360, help protect your kids from online threats with Parental Control‡ included in Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 Premium, so they can enjoy their connected world more safely.
NEW Norton 360 plans which include Parental Control comes with easy-to-use parental control tools that allows you to set screen time limits for kids11, block unsuitable sites, monitor search terms and their overall activity history.‡
Yes, with Parental Control‡ from NEW Norton 360, you can help your kids balance time spent online by scheduling screen-time limits for their device usage.11 Parental Control‡ is included in Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 Premium.
Yes, Parental Control‡ helps your kids explore the Web more safely by keeping you informed of which sites they are visiting, as well as helping block harmful or inappropriate sites.
Yes, Parental Control‡ provides insights into the search terms and videos8 that interest your kids and flags unsafe behavior, so you can discuss it with them.10
Secure VPN & Online Privacy Questions
Norton Secure VPN may be used on 1, 5 or 10* Windows PCs, Mac, iOS and Android devices, with unlimited use during the subscription term, depending on your plan.
Secure VPN helps protect your online privacy by blocking intrusive activities like the tracking of your online activities or location by Internet service providers, mobile carriers, advertisers, and websites.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) creates a private, encrypted data tunnel that helps prevent cybercriminals from hacking into your Wi-Fi connection and intercepting the data you are sending and receiving from your computer or mobile devices.
Norton Secure VPN has over 1500+ servers in 29 countries/locations, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. And this number is growing.
Norton Secure VPN is replacing Norton WiFi Privacy. When Norton WiFi Privacy launched, general awareness of the function of a VPN was limited. As online privacy and security continues to make headline news, users’ awareness of what a VPN does also increases, so by changing the name, we want to drive VPN awareness and education. In addition, with the evolving online threats as well as the proliferation of free public Wi-Fi, the timing is right to provide consumers with a strong trusted VPN-focused solution like Norton Secure VPN.
Yes. Norton Secure VPN is compatible with PCs, Mac, Android smartphones and tablets, iPads, and iPhones.
Free is not always free. Free VPN solutions may trade your information to help offset their costs. Others may significantly throttle your bandwidth or otherwise limit VPN data use per month, which can degrade the quality of service and/or depletes your monthly VPN data allowance if sending/streaming media like videos, pictures, music, etc. Offering Norton Secure VPN as a paid subscription allows us to deploy a powerful, yet easy-to-use VPN that helps protect your Wi-Fi connections and online privacy without the fuss that may be caused by free VPN services.
Norton Secure VPN does not impose data or bandwidth limits or third-party advertisements on you. An unlimited data and bandwidth VPN service has significant ongoing costs. Those costs are necessary to ensure your online privacy. We also offer a 60-day money-back guarantee for annual subscriptions if users are not satisfied with the service. Norton Secure VPN is also now included in NEW Norton 360 plans.
The webcam on your PC is a great way to keep in touch with family, friends or business associates. With SafeCam5, you’ll get notified of attempts to use your webcam, so we can help you block unauthorized webcam access.